Ten Facts About Sebastian Vettel
- Sebastian Vettel made his Formula One debut at the 2007 US GP with BMW-Sauber
- His first F1 victory came a year later at the Italian Grand Prix at the wheel of a Toro Rosso.
- Vettel liked to name each of his racecars. Among the names used include Julie, Kinky Kylie, Luscious Liz, Randy Mandy, Hungry Heidi and Honey Ryder.
- The German lies third on the list of all-time F1 wins with 53. He is only led by Lewis Hamilton and Michael Schumacher.
- In 2004, Vettel utterly dominated the Formula BMW season. He won 18 of the 20 races and finished on the podium in the other two to take the overall title.
- There is a car that carries the champion’s name. It is an SUV called the Infiniti FX Vettel Edition.
- Vettel once appeared in a music video. The F1 driver appeared alongside US R&B star Melanie Fiona in a track titled Watch Me Work. You can catch the full video at the bottom of this post.
- The four-time world champion speaks five languages: German, English, French, Finnish and Italian.
- In 2011 Vettel claimed 15 pole positions of 19 races, a record which still stands to this day. Mark Webber, Seb’s teammate, claimed three and Lewis Hamilton took the other.
- Vettel is a genuine F1 fan. He has great knowledge of the sport as you can see in this video. He also owns the 1992, championship-winning Williams FW14B of Nigel Mansell. Vettel drove the car at the British GP on his 35th birthday earlier this year. He reportedly also owns an Ayrton Senna-driven McLaren, an original Fiat 500 and a Ferrari F40 (read about our F40 driving experience at this link).
Facts About Sebastian Vettel
Name: Sebastian Vettel
Born: Heppenheim, Germany
Birthday: 3 July 1987
Teams raced for: BMW-Sauber, Toro Rosso, Red Bull Racing, Scuderia Ferrari, Aston Martin Racing
World titles: 4 (2010-13 all with Red Bull Racing)
Interested in learning more about Formula 1 and motorsport? Feel free to browse some of the other exclusive Formula One articles and reviews on Double Apex.