Last year we brought you this story (below) concerning well-known petrolhead and big-screen star, the late Paul Walker. Earlier this week 21 of his cars were auctioned at a classic and sportscar sale that is currently taking place in Arizona, USA. The entire lot sold for over R33m, more than half of which was made up of the sale of five lightweight E36 BMW M3s. At the bottom of this post is a full list of the cars as well as the price each fetched.
Late actor Paul Walker has been immortalised in the petrol-fueled Fast and Furious series of movies. Walker didn’t just talk the talk, he also walked the walk. The actor owned many high-performance vehicles as he was a true petrolhead. Now Paul Walker’s cars will be auctioned at the famous Barrett-Jackson car sale taking place in Scottsdale Arizona early in January 2020.
Click here to check out the most famous movie cars of all time.
Walker, better known as Brian O’Connor from the movie franchise, had amassed a collection of interesting machines 21 of which are going under the hammer. The list includes a 1963 Chevrolet Nova Wagon, a 1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Wagon, a 1967 Chevrolet II Nova, two BMW M3 E30s, a 1989 Nissan R32 Skyline racecar, no fewer than five BMW M3 E36 Lightweight versions (of 125 made), a 1995 Ford Bronco SUV, a 2000 Audi S4, a 2003 Ford F250 pickup, a GMC Sierra 1500 pickup, a Harley-Davidson RS, a Toyota Tundra Pickup, a Nissan 370Z, a BMW motorcycle and a Ford Mustang Boss 302S racecar.
Read about a very trick widebody Trans Am at this link.
In their own words
“We’re deeply honoured to offer the amazing Paul Walker Collection at our 2020 Scottsdale Auction,” said Craig Jackson chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “Paul’s impact was immense through both his influence as an actor in the Fast and the Furious movies and his philanthropic drive as the founder of Reach Out Worldwide. We’re proud to help continue Paul Walker’s legacy by offering his esteemed collection to their new caretakers at our flagship Scottsdale event.”
“Paul Walker’s collection spanned five decades of automotive excellence and truly reflected his personal taste,” said Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. “Paul’s passion for performance was especially expressed in the cars he loved. This group of vehicles also represents the evolution of the hobby, as collectors are clearly broadening their horizons and diversifying their collections.”
- 1963 Chevrolet Nova Wagon – $18 700
- 1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Wagon – $19 800
- 1967 Chevrolet II Nova – $60 500
- 1988 BMW M3 E30 – $165 000
- 1989 Nissan R32 Skyline racecar $100 100
- 1991 BMW M3 E30 Coupe – $220 000
- 1995 BMW M3 E36 Lightweight – $385 000
- 1995 BMW M3 E36 Lightweight – $220 000
- 1995 BMW M3 E36 Lightweight – $242 000
- 1995 BMW M3 E36 Lightweight – $258 500
- 1995 BMW M3 E36 Lightweight – factory wing and race-livery delete – $220 000
- 1995 Ford Bronco SUV – $73 700
- 2000 Audi S4 – $29 700
- 2003 Ford F250 Pickup – $19 800
- 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Pickup – $33 000
- 2005 Harley-Davidson RS Motorcycle – $34 100
- 2008 Suzuki Motorcycle – $3 850
- 2009 Nissan 370Z – $105 600
- 2011 BMW Motorcycle – $11 000
- 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302S racecar – $95 700
See some of Paul Walker’s cars in the video below: