You are here:--The MK2 Audi TT T FSI 2L Project Car
The MK2 Audi TT T FSI 2L Project Car2018-05-18T15:25:22+00:00

Home Of Double Apex Petrolhead Portal Forums Project Cars The MK2 Audi TT T FSI 2L Project Car

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Image Credit autoevolution.com

By some strange reverse osmosis (which I can only attribute to becoming friends with the infamous car nut owner of this website), I got swayed into the “petrolhead” community.  The topic of actually owning a sports car never crossed my mind as over the last decade my simple requirement included the transport of baby chairs and booster seats, A to point B obligators of family life.

With my girls out of boosters and still small enough to be packed into the back of something a bit less sensible.  The window of opportunity presented itself and I found myself stepping out of a practical family car (Nissan Qashqai) and well hammered hatchback Toyota Yaris and started peddling truly amazing little German car around the traffic laden streets of Cape Town.

There is a lot to be said about the purchase of sports cars (primarily that they are kak expensive) however the thing about the second hand Audi TT market is that you can pick up an iconic status car, that don’t carry the retail price tag and reliably deliveries every bit of enjoyment that performance car motoring has to offer.

I could go on about why the Audi TT is such a magnificently practical sports car however I think many of the core motivations are purely my own and they neatly fit my lifestyle at the moment. Suffice to say, I have always had a little funny feeling in my jean pant for the subtle beauty and engineering of German sports cars in particular the flavours Porsche that surround the 911.

So for the cash price of +-R150k I own a truly magnificent motor that has been very well looked after by it’s only former female owner.

The “project part” includes a number of small fixes that I have researched and will document under this thread. These are dominantly wear and tear and OEM faults that there is a myriad of local and international forums identifying the non OEM fixes 🙂

My next post will contain the “laundry list”. Off the cuff, I am a computer sort so I can Google with the best of them but mechanically inclined I am not. But I do learn fast 🙂

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS  –  2.0 TFSI (200 HP)
    CYLINDERS
    L4
    DISPLACEMENT
    1984 cm3
    POWER
    147 KW @ 5100-6000 RPM
    200 HP @ 5100-6000 RPM
    197 BHP @ 5100-6000 RPM
    TORQUE
    207 lb-ft @ 1800-5000 RPM
    280 Nm @ 1800-5000 RPM
    FUEL SYSTEM
    Direct Injection
    FUEL
    Gasoline
    CO2 EMISSIONS
    183 g/km
    PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS
    TOP SPEED
    149.1 mph OR 240 km/h
    ACCELERATION 0-62 MPH (0-100 KPH)
    6.6 s
    FUEL CONSUMPTION SPECIFICATIONS
    CITY
    22 mpg US OR 10.7 L/100Km
    HIGHWAY
    39.2 mpg US OR 6 L/100Km
    COMBINED
    30.5 mpg US OR 7.7 L/100Km
    TRANSMISSION SPECIFICATIONS
    DRIVE TYPE
    Front Wheel Drive
    GEARBOX
    Manual, 6 Speed
    BRAKES SPECIFICATIONS
    FRONT
    Ventilated Discs
    REAR
    Discs
    TIRES SPECIFICATIONS
    TIRE SIZE
    225/55 R16 95W
    DIMENSIONS SPECIFICATIONS
    LENGTH
    164.5 in OR 4178 mm
    WIDTH
    72.5 in OR 1842 mm
    HEIGHT
    53.2 in OR 1351 mm
    FRONT/REAR TRACK
    61.9/61.3 in OR 1,572/1,557 mm
    WHEELBASE
    97.2 in OR 2469 mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE
    CARGO VOLUME
    10.2 cuFT OR 289 L
    CD
    WEIGHT SPECIFICATIONS
    UNLADEN WEIGHT
    2778.3 lbs OR 1260 kg
    GROSS WEIGHT LIMIT
    3660.3 lbs OR 1660 kg
    Kadabra
    Participant

Thanks Doug sounds like an interesting project look forward to it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.